Sunday, August 14, 2005

Kodagu

Home Stays are a new concept in Kodagu tourism. The indigenious Kodavas normally have a British upbringing and palatial bungalows. After the coffee prices plummeted, most were left with little money to keep up their high life styles. I dont know who came up with the idea but some of them came up with the idea to let out their homes to tourists. They are basically bed and breakfast places with a homely atmosphere, guided tours, home cooked traditional food and personal attention. Great for weekend getaways.
I will not write about this more because I have some personal reservations and prejudices. But do check out www.homestaykodagu.com which is managed by a freelance journalist called Anil H T with whom I am well aquainted. There are some good links about Kodagu in general and I think he updates according to the turn of weather to promote tourism around the year.

1 comment:

San Nakji said...

What are your reservations and prejudices? You have peaked my interest now...