Saturday, March 22, 2008

Travels in My Head

This is not good, not good at all, the fact that I haven't travelled anywhere in such a long time. When was the last time I went anywhere at all, apart from home? I don't remember. And that is not good at all :-(

I suppose life has just taken over and I no longer have the time to travel. My parents have also abandoned me and travel without me these days. As for travelling alone, my My travels today are around the dusty city of Bangalore. I have to travel, have to have to have to.....

As of now, the only trip I took was down Marquez's Love in the Time of Cholera, one of my all time favourite books. Watched the movie last night, predictably didn't like it much. I never, almost as a rule, like movies adapted from books. They are never ever as good as I would like them to be. The book, I recommend again, please read it, even if you don't read any other book in your life.

"It was inevitable: the scent of bitter almonds always reminded him of the fate of unrequited love..."

Amazing book... And the lovely story is one that I travel on, for the moment.

No comments: