Sunday, October 31, 2010

As Time Goes By....

Pic from the internet


"Of all the gin joints in all the towns in all the world, she walks into mine."

I have found that there are these little perfect moments that you create, as you go along, holding Life's hand. A train journey with a great book. An evening by a pond and a very soft, cold breeze. A quiet evening spent listening to music with the lights turned off. There are many such.
I add to that watching Casablanca (1942) on a Sunday afternoon, feet outstretched, my back against the wall, the curtains drawn, the volume turned up.

"(you will regret it) Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but soon and for the rest of your life..."

What a fabulous movie, one of the best, one of my most faves. As time goes by....Frank Sinatra's...what a fantastic, fantastic song! What a pair, the intense Humphrey Bogart and the hauntingly beautiful Ingrid Bergman. What a movie!

"We will always have Paris"
"Here is looking at you, kid."
Such wonderful quotes...such great cinema...

Just as I about to post this, I realize this is my 400th blog post. Ah well. That's some milestone of sorts, I suppose.

4 comments:

Giribala said...

Longer review, please :-)

Deepa Bhasthi said...

Coming up Giribala!

Manjunath Kiran said...

Congratulations on the 400th blog post!!! May you successfully reach many more such milestones in life :-)

Deepa Bhasthi said...

Thank you :)