Sunday, July 22, 2012

Thoughts on a Sunday Night

Much is on my mind. I stop myself from writing about them here until the feeling should pass. That is so because every passing day, I realize that these pages no longer remain a shout in the dark, that there are readers here. And I am made aware of what is at stake.

These quotes saved in a draft in my email account have been making sense. If I had not deactivated my Facebook account (finally! It struck me that when I have the urge to pull the plug, planning doesn’t let me do so; it is a sudden impulse, an instinct that makes it happen.), these would have found their way into status messages.

“In the end, all our stories, they are the same. No matter where you go in the world, there is only one important story: of youth and loss and the yearning for redemption.” Rohinton Mistry

“One can promise actions, but not feelings, for the latter are involuntary. He who promises to love forever or hate forever or be forever faithful to someone is promising something that is not in his power.” Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche

"Don't trust love unless it comes in a slightly twisted form." Ayn Rand

No comments: