Friday, July 01, 2011

Another Milestone, or So I Suppose

I looked and looked through a gazillion folders on my laptop but couldn’t find an appropriate picture to go here. And I looked some more, with the same results.
I thought I would make this a pretty post, given that I ‘celebrate’ an anniversary of sorts, that of my having completed five full years in the stately world of journalism today. Today is some significant day for the print media (is it World Newspaper Day?), something we studied at university and that I have conveniently forgotten. But I do know it is some Day and I remember that I was thrilled about when I entered Express Buildings as an employee in 2006.
No, this is not a looking-back-to-those-days sort of a post. But obviously a lot has changed from when I started to now. I have a policy of not regretting my decisions. The truth then was, I was passionate about journalism once upon a time. And the truth now is that I am no longer as gung-ho as I used to be. Yet it has been an incredible journey. There have been dozens of incredible moments, many, many lessons, much fun.
I am not sure I will still qualify as a journalist, independent or otherwise, five more years later. But you know what? It is ok. This not being sure. I think I prefer it that way. All I know for sure is that I will still be writing. That should be enough now, aye?

No comments: